Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Goat Farm

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you buy a goat?
Yes!
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Maybe.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
No...not me.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Alima

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Goat Farm Reply with quote

I'll be specializing in Goats...among other things. I am a goat breeder in real life so this is going to be interesting. But I have one problem. I am new to this game as of two days ago. There are NO goats for sale. How do I know how much to sell them for? What is the going rate or is it up to me to determine that? Please help. Thanks. Smile

P.S. I am NOT a mill. I breed responsibly. Smile
bovi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends whether you want to get rid of the animal, or make money! Check other species that only have one or two animals for sale, see what price they are posted for, and how long they take to sell. Of course, their rarity is a big factor too. Hope this helps!
Alima

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does help. Thanks!
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Goat Farm Reply with quote

Alima wrote:
I'll be specializing in Goats...among other things. I am a goat breeder in real life so this is going to be interesting. But I have one problem. I am new to this game as of two days ago. There are NO goats for sale. How do I know how much to sell them for? What is the going rate or is it up to me to determine that? Please help. Thanks. Smile

P.S. I am NOT a mill. I breed responsibly. Smile

your a goat breeder in real life? I am too!!! Also i breed rabbits in real life!
Alima

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to breed rabbits several years ago but they were not registered. My goats are. I breed Alpines for show and dairy. Small world. Very Happy I have six does due to kid in early April. Will be selling most of them. Want one? Laughing Anyway, it is nice to know someone else on here that is a goat person.
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alima wrote:
I used to breed rabbits several years ago but they were not registered. My goats are. I breed Alpines for show and dairy. Small world. Very Happy I have six does due to kid in early April. Will be selling most of them. Want one? Laughing Anyway, it is nice to know someone else on here that is a goat person.

I'm getting 2 alpines!!! They are for 4-H and milking! But I use my nigerian dwarfs for 4-H!!! That is awesome that you used to breed rabbits. mine aren't regestered yet but will be by Wednesday!!! [/quote]
Alima

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registered rabbits? How exciting! Congrats. I used to have a few unregistered Nigerian Dwarfs too. I sold them to a friend so I could concentrate on the Alpine breed. Have fun! I used to be in 4-H for goats but that was about 20 years ago. Sure wish I could do it again but I'm too old now. Crying or Very sad Oh well.
Daisy Rabbit Mae

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first year in 4-H and so far I love it! I'm only ten so I have a long time to go!!! My bunny just got a tattoo the other night!!! He didn't like it tho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Need help? All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: