Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Contest for a Contest. xD 20 Mil Prize! *CLOSED*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rio Saris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Contest for a Contest. xD 20 Mil Prize! *CLOSED* Reply with quote

Okay, I'm bored, have a whole lotta playcash and a whole lotta tokens, and I want to hold a contest. Thing is, I've no idea what contest to hold.

I could have an art contest but meh...Not sure I want to. So! This is a contest for a contest! Very Happy

In other words, the one who suggests the best contest(the one I'm most interested in of course. ^^) gets 20 million in playcash and 1 token because I have an uneven number and I hate that. xD

Anywho, all you have to do is fill out the little form provided and hope for the best. Very Happy It's a pretty simple contest really, so, yanno, even if your idea just sounds plain crazy to you, I'd still love to read it. Besides, your idea might just win you playcash but won't lose you more than a few minutes to type it. ^_^

Idea: (Basically your contest idea.)
Explain: (Well, you explain your contest idea. xD )

That's it. ^^ And if there is more than one contest that catches my fancy, I will add more prizes. Very Happy

Prize!
1st place: 20 million SBFC & 1 Token

I reserve all of those usual rights and all the rest of that jazz.
You may enter up to FOUR ideas.
They can be anything as long as it is within forum rules and such. ^_^
Have fun! Very Happy

Last edited by Rio Saris on Mon May 12, 2008 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
greenpen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea: (Basically your contest idea.) An art contest... Laughing
Explain: (Well, you explain your contest idea. xD ) I know you have already said that you might not want to do an art contest but if you have a lot of money and a few tokens to give a good prize then it can get a lt of the good artists out of hiding... Laughing A lot of the good artists seem to show up and have a go when there's a good contest with a good prize on.
Do you have any pets? Because the art contest could be to do a realism picture of one of your pets? If you get a few really nice entries then you can get one maybe printed to have as a keepsake? Some of the art that i have seen on here is amazing! Or if you have a dream pet or maybe a fantasy animal then people usually like to do those as well.
You also seem to get a lot more entries when there's a good prize and a good deadline for it so that it doesn't just go on and on...

Sorry for my boring essay... Laughing I'm done now i promise! That was just my simple idea for you. I may come back and add another later...
Cecelia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea: type of story contest
explain: What if you were to hold a contest where you would have to write a story about the animals on your farm?It could be detailed.The animals could talk or it could be when they got them where they got them from. They could possibly have to write it about the animals on your farm not theirs.crazy idea

another idea: essay contest
explain: They could write an essay about what SBF means to them and how it has affected their lives.(i.e. what they have learned about animals or the friendships that have developed)
PinkStar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will come up with at least 2 so wait for me Smile
Rio Saris

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great ideas so far! Very Happy

Keep em coming. ^_^
ChocolateGal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK!

Type of contest: an arty/raffle/story contest!
Explain: O.k so the only way to enter the raffle to get the money and tokens as to draw up a picture (specific animal) and make up a story for you! Kinda crazy! i guess!

Type of contest: the completely crazy contest
Explain: So everyone gets to make up a couple of crazy and random comments! Then you pick the best! Pretty simple!
Rio Saris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanno, that raffle one sounds kind of neat. ^^ Though I'm not sure many would be too thrilled at it. xD I'll ponder on that one. Very Happy
Cowgirls Rule

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea:Banner contest for your farm page
Explain:Everyone should design a banner for either your farm page, or your creations. Give what colors the banner should be, should it be earthy, or modern, what text, and what theme.
Orca

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banner, Fancey art, Layouts, and the best and crazy name you can think of. i hope i win it took a long time figer a contest out.i am a nwbie so i dont have much but i hope i win thankyou for lissening
Rio Saris

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow
Rio Saris

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow
greenpen

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fancy layout contest maybe?

Or you could do a sort of team contest...
(I LOVE working in a team once in a while... Very Happy )
You could do a team art contest? Or a team animal contest? One where each round a team gets knocked out of something? Just whatever you want with the team sort of idea...

That's my second idea...
scrub ba dubdub

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea: Poetry Contest
Explain: Could be free form topics or you could give some sort of inspiration people could go off of. Like a word, a picture, an emotion..

Idea: Rock/Paper/Scissors
Explain: Depending on the number of people that want to join the contest you could set up tournaments, process of elimination like they do for sports to determine the season champions. Pair people up against each other, then they pm there choice of rock, paper or scissor to you. You can then post the winners that get to go on to the next round, then up and up till there are only two and then one left.

Idea: Description Contest
Explain: Post a picture of something, and people have to describe it. Sounds really simple but the winner would be the most thorough and elegantly written description.

Idea: RL Art Contest
Explain: Instead of holding an art contest for art that has been made on a computer, restrict entries to pieces that the person had to do by hand, charcoal, paint, oil pastel, etc.. A person can take and scan/download the photo's of there art.

Ok thats my four Ideas
Smile
KimYo

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Do like the VP Olympics

Hold an Olympic event for each habitat or something like that. Then you'd have a grand champion from each category.

2. Training Contest

You can have the best stat in a certain category, or have everyone put your animal into an event and see who wins.
Rio Saris

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanno, I quite honestly love that Rock, Paper, Scissors dealie...I think I shall go with that one. Very Happy

Really appreciate all of the suggestions! ^_^ Do join in on the tournament when I open up the contest for it would you? Very Happy

scrub ba dubdub, just send me a trade for your cash and token. ^_^ Awesome suggestion!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Contests & Community Events All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: