Management Farm House
My Farm
Rescue
Marketplace
Trades
Contracts
Bids
Help
Stop chatterin' and return to my farmin'!
Community

SearchSearch Forum & Players   MemberlistMemberlist 
 My FarmMy Farm   Log in to check PMLog in to check PM   

Stock Photos?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkest Desire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Stock Photos? Reply with quote

Does anyone know or use any websites with good stock photos that I can use? Because I'm finding it really hard to get a decent photo
keema

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually go to http://www.stockxpert.com/ for random stuff. The do have some nice photos for free use. Other wise I search on a few sites. Deviantart, just search for stock photos and Read the persons page for there Rules about using there stock. Um... other then that it depends on what kind of photo I am looking for.
Darkest Desire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, I will definitely try that =)
RogueAnjell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

both of those sites try to get you to subscribe (ie pay monthly) are there any truely free sites with good photos? and the imigas on phixer are so small but when I enlarge them they resolution is all fuzzy how can I fix that.

thanks
Rogue
Fire Opal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use flickr.com, using the advanced search to look for copyright free pics. I also use deviantart sometimes. You can use Acclaim Images, but normally they don't have to many photos to use. Freefoto.com is also usable, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Generally I just use flickr. It normally has a good selection, and I have yet to come across a bad-quality photograph.
MuteAppeal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try http://morguefile.com , they have some pretty good stuff depending on what you're after.

The quick answer for how to make a tiny photo you grab off the net not blur when you scale it up is you don't. There aren't enough pixels there to give it detail once it enlarges. If you aren't scaling too much and you have a program that has filters you can run it through things like an Unsharp Mask or normal sharpen to lessen the blur. The other answer would be if you have GIMP or some other program that takes plug-ins there are some plug-ins for it that you can download like Unshake that are suppose to help get rid of blurring. I've never used it so I can't say whether or not it's worth it, or how buggy it might be.
Darkest Desire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pro.corbis.com
Is the one that I use pretty frequently now. It's got a good selection of pictures, just make sure to check the copyright rules on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sandboxfarm Forum Index -> Artist Alley All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: